11.29.2011

Challenge #33—A Long Time Ago…

A long time ago, in a place not too far, lived a child who loved life…and that child was you!  Okay, so maybe it wasn’t really all that long ago for some of you, but this week’s challenge will have you reminiscing about “the good ol’ days”. 

What are some of your favorite childhood memories?

You can do this any number of ways!  You can focus on one memory and tell all aspects about it, you can skim the surface of a few different things, or you can pick a certain period of your life and record a few things from then!  Don’t forget to think about types of memories either—funny, sad, scary, gross, or even some everyday memories like chores around the house.

Find some old pictures online, talk to your parents and siblings or friends, look through some old pictures and get some ideas!  Then write down your memories, make a scrapbook page, make a video recording and get your family to record their memories too!

Here are a few ideas of what we did, hopefully you’ll get some ideas of your own to complete this challenge!

----------------
What April did:

I had so much fun with this challenge! I grew up in the 90's. I found a website dedicated to all things 90's: thosewerethe90s.tumblr.com. It was amazing how many things I had forgotten about that were part of my childhood! It was fun to look through this website and remember what I thought was so cool as a child. I did something a little different this week for my challenge. I decided to make a facebook album dedicated to many of the things I remember growing up in the 90's. I wanted to see what others would comment and help others remember their childhoods as well. Since my facebook profile permissions is set to private, I have included a few of the things I remember growing up.

Flip Siders    Flipsiders

Giga Pets     Giga Pet Frog

Little Critter Books  Litte Critter Books

N’Sync  NSYNC

POG’s  POGs

Polly Pocket  Polly Pocket

TGIF   TGIF

Willow   Willow

(*I remember most of those things too, though I’d forgotten all about them until I read these!  Thanks April for the fun memories—and what a fun idea to incorporate it into your facebook!)

---------------
What Laura did:

I decided to do a layout this week about some of the most treasured memories I have as a child. As I stated in my layout, my parents did not take a lot of pictures of me as a child. That is probably why I take pictures of my kids doing EVERYTHING.

DSCF8031

And the journaling (in case you cannot see the print in the layout).

DSCF8032

Supplies used: cardstock – Bazzill; flowers – Sassafras; patterned paper – unknown; photo corners – Heidi Swapp; buttons –Pink Paislee; letters – Scenic Route.

----------------
What I did:

I did a map activity to remind me of some of my memories.  First I drew a basic (definitely not 100% accurate) map of the house and yard of where I lived until I was 10 years old.  As I drew the map, there were lots of little memories that came back to me! Oh so many memories in that little house!  When my map was done, I used a red pen to jot a few quick notes about some of my favorite memories in certain places.  When I have more time, I will go back and type up the stories in more detail!  What a funny memoir that will be!  

map

Now I challenge you to go and record some of your childhood memories!

No comments: