10.17.2012

Challenge #53—The Best Job Ever!

Today’s challenge is all about your favorite job…it doesn’t have to be your current job, your first job, or even your highest paid job!

What was/is your favorite job?  (Or who was your favorite boss?)

You can have more than one favorite if you can’t decide on only one.  As part of your documenting, think about some of your duties you enjoyed, the people you worked with, or what other aspects made it your favorite job.  If you’re going to focus on your favorite boss, tell why s/he was your favorite, and what qualities you admired about them, or why it was fun to work them.

Here’s a look at a few examples for you!

__________________
What Laura did:

layout workDSCF0351DSCF0352

Supplies Used: Cardstock – Bazzill; Patterned Paper – Scenic Route; Chipboard – Scenic Route; Ribbon – American Crafts; Title – Thickers by American Crafts

____________________
What Allison did:

Coming soon…

____________________
What I did:

I am a total slacker this week.  I had intended to make a scrapbook page, but between a million things on my to-do list, going out of town today and food poisoning, I am just not quite done with it  haven’t really started it yet.  Here’s the journaling I’m going to put with it.  (Which if I don’t ever get the scrapbooking page done, at least I have some words written down about it!)   It’s pretty long, and you so don’t even have to read it if you don’t want to!

For as long as I could remember, I wanted to be 3 things: a teacher, a photographer and a mom. 

When I was in preschool I got some flashcards with sight words to take home—and I taught my little sister how to read!  I had such good teachers throughout elementary school and quite a few in Jr. High and High School, and I wanted to be like all of them.

When I was looking at colleges, I looked at their Elementary Education programs, and chose the school with the best one in the state!  Thank goodness I got in! (It would’ve been so sad if I hadn’t!)   Throughout the course of my major classes, I had so many opportunities to go into classrooms and try my hand at teaching.  I felt comfortable and confident in my student teaching and couldn’t wait to find a real teaching job.  After 5 years of schooling, I graduated with a double major in Elementary and Early Childhood Education.

I was hired to teach Kindergarten, and I loved almost every minute of it!  I had such fun kids in my class, and an awesome mentoring teacher.  We also had a wonderful principal who was so willing to listen and work out problems with me.  I loved working with the children…seeing that moment when it just clicked and they grasped a concept was the biggest reward!  I also had the chance to help a lot of kids who didn’t get much love at home.  Some of their circumstances were less than ideal, so it was very fulfilling to help them the best I could. 

I only taught for two years, and quit when I had my first baby.  This is one of my current jobs, and my very favorite if I had to choose between the 3.  I love my boys so much, and can’t imagine life without them.  They bring so much joy and happiness into our home, and even with the messes they make, the trouble they get into, and the things they destroy, I still love them more than life itself!  I love watching them learn and grow.  I love playing with them and listening to their fun imaginations.  I love that they are a part of me, and love me for who I am!

And though I love my children dearly, I sometimes need a break from them.  And that’s where the photography comes in.  I have loved photography from the time I was in High School, and when I was in college, my parents got me a used SLR camera for a Christmas present one year.  I loved taking pictures!  When my oldest was born, I started taking “portraits” of him and loved how they turned out!  I did a mini portrait session of him each month of his first year.  I did this for my 2nd as well.  Then, when he was about a year old, I broke down and got my first DSLR.  From then on, I started taking pictures of my nieces and nephews as well as my kids, and it just kind of evolved into more people asking me to take their pictures.  A couple of years ago I took the plunge and started taking on clients.  It’s been so much fun to have a little break from the boys, and do something I love! 

So, in the end, I’ve fulfilled my dreams of the 3 things I really wanted to be when I grew up…and they are all jobs I have truly loved and call my favorites! Smile

------------------------------------------------------------
Now I challenge you to record about your favorite jobs!

1 comment:

Rupert Echard said...

You must be very happy for you are now living the life you have wanted ever since you're young. Realizing one's dream is really not that hard. All it takes is passion and perseverance to make your dreams come true.